In our digitally dominated world, you don't need to publish a traditional hardcover or paperback book to reach millions of readers. Just publish an eBook, a digital format book, and disseminate it using various online platforms. One such platform that is gaining traction among authors and readers alike is Kobo. Most importantly, you can sell your eBooks on Kobo to an audience that spans the globe. In this comprehensive guide, we'll explore how to sell eBooks on Kobo, step by step. In addition, we'll also dive into how you can protect, share, sign, compress, convert, merge, split, and sell PDFs/documents using online tools like HelpRange.
Kobo: An Introduction:
Kobo is a prominent eBook and audiobook platform with an international presence in over 200 countries. This Canadian company boasts a vast digital library of over six million eBooks. It offers an open platform, which means your published eBooks can be accessed on various devices, including the Kobo eReader, other eReaders, desktop computers, and mobile devices.
Selling eBooks on Kobo: A Step-by-Step Guide:
1. Start by creating an account on Kobo Writing Life, Kobo’s self-publishing platform. If you already have a Kobo customer account, you can log in with your existing credentials.
2. Once you have set up your account, you need to click on the ‘Create a New eBook’ button to begin the process of uploading your book.
3. Input all the necessary details about your book, such as the title, author name, book description, and ISBN (if you have one).
4. Next, set your digital rights management preferences, which we will discuss later in this article.
5. You then need to upload your eBook file. Kobo’s platform accepts Microsoft Word files, EPUB files, and Adobe PDF files. However, it's recommended to use an EPUB file for the best results.
6. Provide a cover for your eBook.
7. Set the price of your eBook. With Kobo, you have complete control over your book's price.
8. Finally, preview your eBook and once you're satisfied, click on 'Publish eBook' to make it available on Kobo's store.
Digital Rights Management (DRM):
DRMs are technologies used by hardware manufacturers, publishers, copyright holders, and individuals to limit the use of digital content and devices. When it comes to creating and selling eBooks, it's essential to use a reliable and comprehensive DRM solution, such as HelpRange.
HelpRange is a tool that protects your PDFs or documents. It offers PDF usage analytics so you can seize up how your eBooks are being used by readers. HelpRange is not limited only to document protection, but it also provides a document-sharing platform, PDF document signing, as well as utility tools like PDF compression, PDF conversions, PDF merging, PDF splitting, and even a platform for selling your PDFs or documents.
Why Sell on Kobo?
There are several reasons why Kobo is an excellent platform for selling your eBooks:
1. Wide Reach: Kobo serves over 200 countries, giving your eBooks global exposure.
2. Varied Genres: From fiction to non-fiction, children's books to adult literature, Kobo accepts almost all genres.
3. Competitive Royalties: Kobo offers one of the highest royalty rates in the market. If your eBook is priced at $2.99 or higher, you can earn a 70% royalty. For eBooks priced less than $2.99, you'll earn a 45% royalty.
4. Kobo Promotions: Participate in Kobo promotions to increase your book's visibility.
5. Kobo’s Rakuten affiliation: Rakuten, a giant in the world of e-commerce, owns Kobo. This gives authors an added advantage of reaching out to Rakuten’s wide customer base.
Selling eBooks on Kobo can be a rewarding experience. It offers you an opportunity to reach millions of readers globally. But to make the most out of your digital publishing journey, consider using an all-in-one tool like HelpRange, which offers everything you need, from document protection and sharing to PDF manipulation and selling platform, ensuring a seamless, secure, and fruitful eBook selling experience.
Check out HelpRange
HelpRange is "Next-Gen Documents Protection & Analytics Platform". HelpRange represents the cutting-edge platform for document access controls and in-depth analytics, ensuring superior management and usage insights for your documents.